Monday, November 17, 2008

Our new family Member

I have waited to post this for over a week now. Meet the new member of the Iversen Family!!!!!


Scooby Doo ....... yep that's what I said. His name is Scooby. Ansley couldn't decide between Toto or Scooby. I told her over and over that both are dog names but she persisted (and it is her cat). Last weekend Eric and Ansley went to Pets Mart to get her some more fish (sadly we do this every few months). The Humane Society was there with all there dogs and kittys. Scooby was rescued from a house with 15 other cats..... thats crazy! Can you imagine the smell. Anyway when I got home Eric tells me about this cat that is just huge and is such a lover and would be great for a family with kids. And then asks me if I wanted to go see it. I kindly said "I don't want to see a cat if I cant have it". I have been asking for a cat (or a baby) for a while now..... Ansley is just the right age to have responsibility for one (a cat, not a baby). We head on up to the store "just to look" and the nice lady says we can take him home for a week for a trial run and see how it goes. That is why I haven't blogged about him because we were not sure if it would work out or not. We have a dog (Reeses) that is very much a house dog.... I mean literally she is outside maybe 20 minutes total all day. But she could care less about the cat and the cat just keeps his distance. Scooby is truly Ansley's kitty. He sleeps in her bed and comes running anytime she calls. Its really a great match. He has not hissed scratched or anything... pretty purrrrfect. (Sorry I couldn't resist that cheesiness) Ansley is so in love with Scooby Doo.



He really is huge :)
Oh and Ansley got her hair cut!!!!!! I love it!!!!

3 comments:

CONNIE said...

What an adorable new family member! I have got one too and I will be blogging about her soon!

Brandi said...

how bizarre that the cat sits on the toilet... looks nice though... and i LOVE ansley's hair. super cute! she looks older!

heidi said...

Love her hair! She's such a pretty little thing.

Cute kitty!