Thursday, November 6, 2008

Empowered and Encouraged

No pictures today....... well not as of yet :) Just doing laundry and Ansley is painting .....that's not a very exciting picture.
I have been getting a lot of calls and emails asking how I'm doing. Thank you all for thinking of me! I thought this was the easiest way to let you all know. I am doing a lot better. I don't use a cane anymore! Crazy thing.... I miss it. I don't feel very confident yet with out it but they say it comes with time. I can get in the car like a normal person! Yeah! I'm sending the hospital bed back today. So I get my living room back... Another Yeah!!! Its nice to get into my own bed after not sleeping in it for so long. I will say it is really physically hard to get out in the morning .....but so worth it :) I go to the Dr for my six week check up the end of next week. But I think everything is going pretty good. I still have a limp but I think it also will get better (it better ..... I didn't do all this to walk funny the rest of my life). I want to thank all of you for the prayers and just being there for me I know I'm not the best patient. In fact I don't have much Patience for anything :)
To change topics completely (read my first blog if this bothers you). I often read the blog bring the rain (so proud of myself that I figured out the link thingy). I digress.... I often read the blog bring the rain and I love this post and thought I would share it with all of you. I don't know about you but I wasn't to excited about the results of the presidential election on Tuesday night. Most of my thoughts were (are) about what kind of world are we going to leave to our children. I felt helpless and really insignificant in this big world. And since then I have really been praying for Ansley but I read that post and got so excited to realize I wasn't the only one that felt the need to pray. Don't get me wrong I pray all the time for her but I was so excited to see Angie take the time to find scriptures. It made me feel empowered because I can make a difference in Ansley's life and that is a huge deal. So read it and I hope it inspires you to find your own scriptures for your children (or use those) I feel like God has been pulling on my heart more and more to surround my life with prayer. For my country, husband, child, family, friends, and myself. I hope you too feel empowered and encouraged.

3 comments:

CONNIE said...

That is amazing! God is speaking the same thing to us! We got up the next morning after the election and upping our prayer life was the first thing that came to our minds. God is still in control, yeah! I believe we are going to see answers to prayer like never before.

Heidi @ Tayterjaq's Rebels said...

Glad to hear you are recovering well.

Unknown said...

Your blog is very pretty! You look like a super fun Mom and your little girl is TOO cute for words! Welcome to blog land : )!