Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Long Weekends are the Best

Hello all..... I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. It was a time for rest and catching up with family for us. Its such a change for us that Eric gets the day off and actually gets payed too. He still really enjoys his job. Such a blessing! Saturday morning my dad picked up Ansley to spend the day together. They went to the lake and rode around on the boat and she actually got on the inner tube! Crazy huh?! She ended up staying the night with our Aunt Sheri and Uncle Robert. She had a blast!! Eric went to the Tech game with Haley and then went to dinner with some friends of ours. He had lots of fun too. We love watching college football. My mother in law Shelly came and watched movies with me. She felt sorry for me :) I'm loved! She even watched a "chick flick". That's saying alot she loves those shoot em up movies! But it was great just having some girl time with her. She always lifts me up! Not literally... Id break her back ! :) The rest of the time we just visited with our families. It was really great to see everyone.




She looks thrilled :) But she really did have fun!



Uncle Robert's the best!

Now to the no fun stuff...... I have been to a few doctors (luckily I didn't have to wait till Sept 11th). Its all in who you know :) and I have great family and friends! But a long story short I'm going to have a total hip replacement on Sept 29th. To be honest I'm pretty scared. Ive never had to have surgery of any kind and the fact that they have to cut off part of my bone and put metal things in its place is pretty freaky :) But I have no choice in the matter. My bone is already fusing to my pelvis and apparently that's not good. I really like my Dr he definitely has my best interest at heart.
Theres lots of other details so if any of my medical family and friends want the details you can give me a call :) Thanks again for all the prayers! Special thanks for the pics Heather and to Sheri for sitting with me for hours at Doctors offices. Love you all!!!

1 comment:

CONNIE said...

I want to come and watch a chick flick with you! Are you available on Monday or Tuesday during the day? I also have $240.00 to bring you from church! By the way, church is not the same without you and Eric!!