Friday, October 24, 2008

My Big Girl



My baby is 5. Even as I type it it doesn't seem possible. It seems like yesterday we had her. I think back to those days after having her and all the feelings come back. Not so great ones..... she had breathing problems most of you know. She was amazing but fear over took our lives. It took 2 of us to feed her. Me holding her and Eric at my side with the oxygen for when she quit breathing. Not if but when. A happy but scary day.... We gave all the monitors back when she was 7 months old and my life has never been the same. I had to make the choice to trust God with my little girl. I prayed every night and morning that she would be breathing when I went in to get her up. Imagine the days she slept in and I slept in ...... the fear I had was crazy. Every mom out there can relate to that fear. But what a testimony I have. I grew in the Lord so much in this time. Our daughter is living and breathing (talking all the time). You would never know that she had any issues at all.

To My Ansley: I love everything about you. I love the way you already have your own mind (that's an understatement). I love how you hug my neck and tell me I'm the bestest momma ever. I love how you have to give everyone a million hugs and kisses before they leave. I love to listen to your prayers at night ... I can picture God smiling at all the hilarious things you say. You have such a huge heart. I love to listen to you sing and watch you dance! Your favorite song is Mighty to Save and every time you hear it on your radio you make me run in your room and listen to it too. You are a lover of people! You are such an encourager! I love how you love your daddy! Most of all I love your laugh! I am so blessed to get to spend my days with you. I will miss you so much next year. I know you will enjoy school so much. But its bittersweet to me. I am so proud to be your mom. I just cant believe your five!!!! I love you so much and I'm so excited because I know God has big plans for you and I'm so blessed I get to watch! I know you will have a great birthday there are so many people who love you too!




2 comments:

CONNIE said...

Happy Birthday Ansley! I love how you hug and kiss me when I leave!!!!

heidi said...

Oh she's so pretty!!! HB to her. :-)

I found you via heidi@Tayterjaq's and added you to my heidi blogroll. :-)